Fourteen cinematic vignettes highlight projects as personified characters that have their own histories, dreams, secrets and stories to tell. Each vignette emphasises this relational culture and the practice of Chybik + Kristof in working with the common bonds within a space as being more important than any individual arguments and divisions within it.
The first monograph of the Brno-based studio, this volume marks an exciting collaboration between Chybik + Kristof, Lukas Kijonka and ExLovers Studio, Adrian Madlener and Frame Publishers. With a passion for experimentation from all parties, the resulting pages stand apart from traditional monographs. From the design to the prose, the values of relationality and human-centric approaches are imbued in the pages, creating a cinematic reference guide to the practice of Chybik + Kristof.
- Chybik + Kristof’s first ever publication, revealing the concepts and methodologies behind this emerging practice
- Showcases the Czech studio’s projects in an unconventional format, where projects are presented as personified characters with their own stories to tell
- A unique collaboration between Chybik + Kristof, Lukas Kijonk and ExLovers studio, and Frame Publishers
- an experimental monograph, with striking yet simple, modest yet light-hearted design
- Insightful commentary throughout by Adrian Madlener, with A foreword by Aaron Betsky
- Crafted as A collector's object, with a meticulous attention to detail and fine materials
- Geared towards readers interested in unique architectural methodologies, in which context and human-centricity are paramount
Release Date: October 2023
Text by Adrian Madlener with foreword by Aaron Betsky
Graphic Design by Lukas Kijonka and ExLovers Studio
240 x 280 mm
272 pages / full colour / hardcover